Upper splint or plaster is not good or bad. Every hospital has its own habit of every doctor. Plaster and plywood have their own advantages and disadvantages, so long as they are used properly, they can play a fixed role.
(1) the small splint is fixed by an elastic skin, willow, bamboo fir or plastic plate, plus a fixed pad, tied to the outside part of the limb fracture, the fracture fixation. The fixed range is smaller than the plaster bandage. It usually does not include the upper and lower joints of the fracture. It is easy to exercise early and prevent the complications of joint stiffness. It has the advantages of reliable fixation, good functional recovery, low cost of treatment, less complications and less pain in the patients. The shortcoming of fixed splint is not easy shaping, not suitable for near the joint fractures, lashing too loose or improper use of fixed pad and lose the fixed function, resulting in recurrence of fractures, or too tight binding and oppressive ulceration, ischemic muscular atrophy, and even gangrene of limbs and other adverse consequences;
(2) plaster bandage is made from fine powder of plaster of Paris and made on the special thin gauze bandage. After being soaked in water and crystallized on the limbs, it is solidified into a solid hard shell, which is effective for fixing fractured limbs. The advantage is that it can be shaped according to the shape of the body, so the fixed effect is reliable. The drawback is inelastic, and can not adjust the tightness at any time, nor is it suitable for using fixed pads, so the fixation range is large. Generally, it must exceed the upper and lower joints of the fractured part, so that these joints can not be exercised during the period of fracture fixation. If you do not pay attention to the tightened activity of the fixed limb, after dismantling the plaster bandage, the sequelae of joint stiffness can be produced, which hinders the rapid recovery of the function of the affected limbs.
- Processing Technology Of Nonwovens For Medical ...
- The Role Of Elastic Bandages
- What Are Single-use Self-adhesive Elastic Bandage?
- How About Single Use Self-adhesive Elastic Band...
- Non-woven Adhesive Elastic Bandage Use Precautions
- Medical Adhesive-bonded Cloth Tape Dressing Tips
- Basic Principles Of Bandages
- Medical Bandage Dress
- Running Injury First Aid
- Characteristics Of Non-woven Fabric Adhesive Tape
- How To Care For A Patient With Plaster
- What Should Be Noticed After The Cast Is Fixed
- What Is The Splint
- The Characteristics Of The Splint
- Process Of Splint
- Classification Of Splints
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Splints
- How To Pick A Good Splint
- The Method Of Using Elastic Bandage
- Attention To The Use Of Elastic Bandages